*Please read through both pre and post care instructions to be prepared for your appointment and to have the best results possible.
* No blood thinning medications or supplements such as: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Vitamin E, Niacin at least 24 hours before appointment.
* No fish oil supplements 2 weeks before procedure.
* No caffeine (including coffee) or alcohol 24 hours before your appointment (thins blood and can result in more scabbing and fading).
* No Botox around brow area 2 weeks before procedure.
* No waxing, facial peels, or Retin-A one week prior to procedure.
*Do Not workout day of procedure.
Microblading is not recommended:
if you are pregnant or nursing, have heart problems, diabetes, skin irritations on the face, hepatitis, HIV or AIDS, sick(cold/flu), smoke.
you may be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
*Please understand that each person is different and each healing experience will be different. Skin type, body chemistry (hormonal/health), lifestyle, and post care are all factors in the end result and are out of my control. I cannot guarantee how much pigment your eyebrows will retain or when you will need another touch-up.
* Be prepared for your brows to heal anywhere from 10 days-2 weeks.
* NO water, face cleansers, or makeup on brows until all peeling/ flaking is completely gone.
* You will be given a healing moisturizer at your initial appointment to apply during healing.
* NO excessive sweating, or submerging brows under water until all peeling/ flaking is completely gone.
* DO NOT rub, pick or scratch treated area. Let all flaking or scabbing exfoliate of on it's own, (can cause scarring or loss of pigment).
* Avoid direct exposure to UV rays on brows for up to 3-4 weeks post procedure.
* Avoid sleeping on face until fully healed.
* Avoid touching brows during healing unless applying moisturizer (sanitize hands before applying).
* If you accidentally get brows wet, gently blot dry with clean towel.
WHAT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE DURING HEALING
- redness or swelling for first 24-48 hours.
- it may feel like you have a sunburn for the first 24-48 hours.
- after a few days brows may become itchy and dry. DO NOT SCRATCH.
brows will begin to peel or flake.
- you may see tiny micro-strokes coming off as brows peel. This is completely normal.
- as peeling occurs brows may begin to look patchy.
- once brows have completely shed they may look uneven in color. This can be alarming and discouraging.
- color will begin to come back over the next few weeks as your skin is still repairing.
- pigment will soften around 30-50% after shedding.
- there may be areas of the brow that the pigment did not retain on the first session. This is a 2 part service and anything that did not retain will be touched-up at your appointment in 6-8 weeks.
TIPS TO PROLONG PIGMENT
- Keep brows protected from harsh UV rays (sun, tanning bed). If brows are not protected they will fade faster.
- Avoid: harsh skin care products on brows, Retin-A, peels, exfoliants, waxing, heavy oils, skin lightening or brightening agents. These can fade or warp pigment.